Happy Sunday friends!
Photography Credit: Kordell Fournier
Today I was contacted by a lovely lady who wanted to place a custom order for her seven year old daughter, Keira's Christening day. After asking some questions, like Keira's favourite colour (pink), what her dress looks like, and her wrist size...I got right on it.
I absolutely LOVE custom designing one-of-a-kind pieces. It allows me to be creative and design something unique. Keira's bracelet is made with rice freshwater pearls, crystal and faceted rose quartz (pale pink semi-precious stone which is know for bringing loving energy into the wearer's life). I always work with my clients' vision and budget.
Once I was done the design, I got my client's approval, custom labeled and packaged it. Shipping takes just a few day. I look forward to seeing a picture of the beautiful Keira in her custom made bracelet on her Christening day.
If I can help custom design for an occasion in your life, please shoot us an email.
With springtime finally in full force (or so we hope), love is in the air, and eventually wedding bells will be ringing across the city. Brides to be are busy planning their dream wedding, and 3SHAHS is delighted to lend them a helping hand.
Our Wedding Bells Collection offers the perfect accessories for a bride to be. Our Celestial Goddess earrings paired with the I Promise necklace would make a vivid and lasting impression! So too would our wide array of our Cocktail Bling rings, like Champagne and Pearls; Our cocktail rings are the go to gift for brides to give thier bridesmaids.
We can also custom design any pieces you may want, from hair pieces, earrings, or necklaces. Simply shoot us an email to set up an appointment. Bring a sample of the fabric you would like us to match and then we will discuss your wish list, your budget and give you our suggestions. As for the groom and groomsmen...we can custom design cuff links to complete their look on your special day.
The Toronto Bridal Show, happening this weekend (April 11, 12, 13) at the Direct Energy Centre, addresses most of your wedding requirements with over 150 exhibitors, daily fashion shows, and a bridal gown sale. Let 3SHAHS do all the heavy lifting when it comes to your jewellery and accessory needs for your big day. Please contact us with any questions you may have; we are always happy to help you out. A toast to you, the happy couple!
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014, Famous Players Canada Square Cinema hosted an intimate opening gala to jump-start the 14th annual ReelWorld Film Festival. There was a palpable excitement in the air as filmmakers and actors gathered to celebrate Canadian cinema and the talented people who make it all possible!
The ReelWorld Film Festival Team
ReelWorld is a cultural haven for indie filmmakers and artists and a force to be reckoned with. Founded in 1999 by actress Tonya Lee Williams, the purpose is to cultivate talent and change the face of the Canadian cinema on screen and behind the scenes. It also provides an opportunity for veteran artists and filmmakers to mentor young filmmakers who are trying to carve a career and to make a change.
Lynne Stoltz and Tonya Williams
Actor & a winner of the Trailblazer Awards: Kim Roberts rocking a pair of 3Shahs earrings
With diverse festival programming that includes music night, features, short films and documentaries, there is something for everyone to enjoy. It is a great medium to showcase local and foreign talent and for art lovers and moviegoers to immerse themselves in culture from far-flung and exotic locations.
Left to Right: Ricardo, Ron Allen and James
Brandon from Your Legacy Inc
"The Desert Fish" Director Mo with his family
This year, the attendees were treated to critically acclaimed and award winning movies such as The Desert Fish by the talented Persian Director Mohammad Ghorbankarim. Talent runs in the family, as Mr. Ghorbankarim's parents are also filmmakers and his wife Nassim Azadi helped tremendously in the development of this film. The Desert Fish is a heartwarming story of a ten year old who sets on a path to save Mother Earth and makes the audience ponder many things, including their impact on nature. The cast, colours, and storyline were all equally, brilliantly depicted.
Other gems at the festival included the series of short movies created by up and coming young actors who are well on their way to make a lasting mark in Canadian cinema. Some of the memorable shorts included the animation Bee and Julie Julie by Clara Pasieka, MILAU by Ryan Kotack, Hashtag Cold by Imogen Grace and Jihad Gigolo by Kawa Ada. Some made us laugh while others made us stop and ponder about the state of things in our very own city, if not our world.
Musician Buck 65 (Rich Terfry) and 3Shahs founder Shah Emily Noaman
3Shahs and team are supporters of the local arts and were delighted to be a sponsor for the 14th Annual ReelWorld Film Festival once again this year. We had a great time and we hope everyone else who attended did as well! For those who missed out on the festival, fret not, you can not only find the full listings on the ReelWorld website but you can also catch the movies when the festival makes its way to Markham on April 11th to the 13th.
For full photographic coverage of the event please visit our Facebook Page.
With the birds joyously chirping, and the sun shining its bright beams on us on these early spring days, we thought it befitting to feature a piece from our vibrantly coloured Venus Upon Havana jewellery collection. This line was inspired by Old Havana's architecture, street life and its vibrant people. Those who have been to Cuba, surely remember the romantic starry nights. Did you know that Venus is the second brightest object in the night sky, next to the moon?!? Also Venus is the star that is represented on the Cuban flag.
Our feature this week is the Sub-lunar World. This lariat can be worn in a few different ways; you can layer it around your neck, resting it on your collarbone area or wear it long and loose. Oh yes, you can also wear it long and tie it! The materials in this lariat include coin lapis lazuli & grass howlite, mocha mother of pearl, turquoise, carved emerald glass leaf, royal blue crystal, dandilion yellow Swarovski crystal, faceted green acrylic, crazy-yellow agate, gold plated fish bone pendant & two-tone gold & silver link chain.
The colour combinations in this charming city were endless. Antique to bold tones, cool to warm tones and the crackled aged textures on the buildings were like an intentional work of art. Here are some of the pictures from Havana that inspired this piece.
Wishing you a happy humpday and...
"May your days be filled with rays of happiness & nights filled with romance."
At this time of year, the term “Spring Cleaning” comes to mind, although this task shouldn’t just be confined to our homes or cars. Jewellery worn on a regular basis needs a good cleaning from time to time to hide all the inevitable nicks and blemishes, and to restore it to a shiny “like new” condition.
Here at 3SHAHS, we are delighted to provide you with the following cleaning, prevention and storing tips on keeping your jewellery looking pristine year after year.
1. When cleaning costume jewellery, the driest method is the safest...therefore use as little liquid as possible.
2. Always try to wipe off your jewellery with a soft, dry lint free cloth after each wearing. This removes any makeup or natural skin oils that can ultimately soil and damage them and gives your jewels a nice shine.
3. Never use abrasive cleaners on your jewellery, as they will scratch and irreparably damage your prized pieces.
4. Sterling silver jewellery can easily be cleaned at home with just a few ingredients; a sheet of aluminum and some baking soda. Simply boil some water, pour in a bowl with the aluminum foil at the bottom and add a tablespoon of baking soda. Soak your sterling silver for a few minutes, rinse of with cool water and wipe down with a soft dry cloth. Note: If your sterling silver piece has gemstones incorporated in it, be careful to avoid contact with them to avoid damage – particularly pearls, lapis lazuli, and turquoise.
5. To get rid of any unpleasant odours, use toothpaste and water, apply with a soft brush, dry with soft cloth or air dry.
1. Apply any cosmetic products (lotions, perfumes, creams) and allow to air dry before you put on jewellery; as the ingredients in these products can cause it to tarnish and erode.
2. Spray custome metals with a clear lacquer will keep them from changing colour. Your local craft store will likely carry this. Note: Be sure to ask if the lacquer you are getting is safe when it dries and is worn against your skin.
3. Remove any jewellery when doing physical activity as sweat can tarnish plated metals.
4. Remove jewellery while when sleeping to minimize the risk of damage from any unintentional blunt force contact!
5. Take off jewellery when bathing, showering or swimming, as any chemicals present in the water will dull the luster of gold and silver, and cause damage to other types of plated metals.
1. Store all jewellery in a clean, cool, dry place, avoiding exposure to sunlight and other atmospheric elements like humidity and heat. This will prevent precious metals from discolouring, gemstone damage, and the breakdown of any bonds or adhesives in the piece
2. Keep silver trinkets in individual air-tight plastic bags to reduce or eliminate the risk of tarnishing
3. All jewellery can be kept in separate pouches to prevent them from rubbing against each other, causing damage
4. Lay flat all beaded bracelets, necklaces, lariats etc. (versus hanging them) to prevent the silk thread, elastic, wire or string from weakening over time due to gravity
5. Store jewellery somewhere accessible so that you can easily see and use them versus in boxes. This way when you are on the go, you can complete your look with accessorize in a flash. You can also get crafty here and use decorative items as storage, for example why not use a fancy teacup to store your rings in?!!
Ever wondered how to organize your prized jewellery or maybe just organize it better? Our very own Shah Emily Noaman and her friend Lesley…oh and of course her trusty sidekick Zeeba – the cute Chihuahua, tells us how in the video clip below!
Photo credits: Stock piling moms, saavy sugar, xppinkxx, media cache and babble
The tents at David Pecaut Square may have been removed and the week's festivities may have come to an end but each year the World MasterCard Fashion Week leaves fashionistas yearning for more. 2014 was no exception and fashion critics were in awe as models sashayed down the runways in the exquisite creations by the great Canadian designers.
Fashion Week is a medium that gives designers the space for self expression and creativity whilst promoting local talent and supporting the arts scene. It also provides the guests with a chance to dress it up and express their individuality and this year was a breath of fresh air.
Without much further ado, here is a list of some of our favourites both on and off the runway!
Hilary McMillan has a penchant for designing practical yet chic clothing and her FW14 collection is a testament to that statement. Her designs have the amazing ability to be transformed effortlessly from a day to evening look; every fashionista's dream. To acheive the look in the photograph above, accessorize with a Zegasus necklace from 3SHAHS' Native Rock Collection or a Cocktail Bling ring and you will be ready to paint the town red!
Designed by Nikki Wirthensohn, Narces is a Toronto based fashion label that specializes in women's evening wear. With successful presentations in showrooms across Paris, New York, London and Toronto, Narces has come to be synonymous with chic evening wear with an early 1960s flair to it. Pair up the featured little black dress with the Midnight Chandelier necklace from 3SHAHS' Black Tie collection and invoke your inner glamour icon.
Soia & Kyo's FW14 creations are simple, elegant and practical, perfect for the layered fall wardrobe change that many fashionistas yearn for after a long hot summer. With fabric colours ranging from ivory, camel, oxblood to black, nearly any piece from this collection would be well suited with 3SHAHS' Hunter's Paradise lariat from the Native Rock Collection. Great look for all the earthy-vixens out there.
If comfort and style are your priority in what you wear, the sibling Triarchy trio's equestrian inspired collection will help you achieve just that. From patches to polka dot stretch denim, paired with warm camel to bold brown tone accents, this collection wooed even the toughest fashion critics. Although spring has officially sprung, the still cool temperatures means you can wear this collection's fabulous ensembles a little while longer! Triarchy and 3SHAHS' Essence of Bohemia collection (Particulary our Lone Ranger equestrian style, strech bracelet) is a match made in heaven that creates a perfect synergy between comfort and simplicity...in style.
Stephen Caras is a legend in the Toronto fashion scene. His signature looks include glamorous gowns and elegant pant suits designed with a strong independent woman in mind. Hence, it is apt to accessorize them with statement necklaces like 3SHAHS' Castaway's Paradise or Crystal Brunch, in honour of all the women who take charge and are not reluctant to express themselves.
Left to Right: Marie Eve, Jessica Christine, Jon De Porter & friends
3Shahs and team were happy to be a part of the World MasterCard Fashion Week. The full photographic coverage of the week can be found on our Facebook Page.
We'd like to leave you with some wise word from Gianni Versace...